Vieux Château des Combes
Vieux Château des Combes is located in Saint-Christophe-des-Bardes, just five kilometres away from thehistoric village of Saint-Emilion. Its name leads us to think that wine was already being made here in the 17th century when the Benedictine abbey was built and vines were planted, scattered around the buildings, growing on little hills and valleys (known as combes). The château today is surrounded by
It has kept the calm dignity of a spot for quiet contemplation that is perfect for making a Saint-Emilion grand cru of the highest quality. Written mentions of wine from Saint- Emilion date back to ancient times. When the region was under Roman control, wine from the poet-consul Ausone were proudly included on Caesar’s table. In 1650, when Louis XIV passed through Libourne, he described wines from Saint-Emilion as the “Nectar of the gods”.
Château LA FORTUNE